How was your week? I took a much needed staycation the past two days. I always tend to overlook my vacation time. I think we all do; we need to take the time to slow down, give ourselves a break and enjoy life. I always tend to beat myself up if I have a lazy day, and I need to learn to not do that, especially as I heal. Sometimes your body just knows what you need.
Here is some fun and thought-provoking articles/posts from around the internet, that I encourage you to take the time to slow down and read this weekend:
- Blake Lively is always killing it on the red carpet, but recently she provoked controversy with a comment she made on her Instagram. What do you think? Innocent song lyric reference or ignorant comment? Times like these, I wish I were back in my college Women’s/Gender Studies classes!
- Super-size Anthropologie. Thoughts? I like the concept of the shoe salons that will now be present in the larger stores. Sure to feature some Instagram-worthy displays.
- I was amazed when I saw the before and after photos. I am wondering if there is any hope for my tiny porch!
- I’ve been feeling quite burnt out lately, and plan on trying some of Emily’s tips, particularly getting into bed early with a good book (this will also be good for my phone addiction).
- Can you really ever have your life together? Ask these successful women.
- I always knew that less women work in tech than men, but these statistics are surprising. Even more startling, women cite workplace harassment for leaving tech jobs.
- A great (and yummy) entertaining idea for Memorial Day weekend!
- I want to become more of a reader this summer, and this list has some great recommendations. Have you read anything on the list?
What were your favorite reads this week?